We are excited to announce that 540WMain is one of five non-profit finalists for the 2020 Matchstick Prize presented by Causewave Community Partners
This recognition is icing on the cake at the heels of 540’s four year anniversary and a moment of unprecedented growth.
This year’s finalists are:
- Dress for Success – Rochester
- The Avenue Blackbox Theatre
- The Center for Teen Empowerment
- The Junior League of Rochester
The annual award recognizes a small nonprofit agency for its meaningful impact on the Greater Rochester Area Every finalist receives $1,000. One winner, to be named Aug. 6, will receive a $5,000 cash award and a media grant valued at $25,000. This virtual reception is open to the community and those interested in attending can register here
We are excited for all that lies ahead and in our book, all of us are winners. Thank you Rochester for this honor and recognition.
About Causewave Community Partners
Causewave, founded as The Advertising Council of Rochester 70 years ago, is a nonprofit collaborative of local businesses and volunteers that works to achieve meaningful change for organizations and communities through a variety of projects that includes the Matchstick Prize.
Still thinking about how you can support antiracism in Rochester?
Your support goes directly to providing new, dynamic & affordable class content, the planning of a rigorous antiracism facilitation training program, and the hiring of a grant writer.
- Visit our blog for over 700 social justice focused posts from our Founding Director, contributing writer Chris Thompson, and various guest writers.
- Morethanisms podcast a series created by Calvin Eaton that unpacks social and cultural issues that impact black and non-black millennials of color.
- Discuss books relating to antiracism in our Unpacking Book Discussion Series. Join at facebook.com/groups/540unpacking
- Check out our on-demand class library to learn about structural racism, environmental justice, and more.
Knowledge is power, educate yourself with 540WMain