We are so excited to share that we received over 30 nominations for our 4th annual Black Women Roc! 2020. This is the most nominations we have ever received for the campaign and we are truly grateful for all of your submissions. There is no shortage of talented Black women committed to transforming Rochester into a more equitable place for all. Out of the thirty submissions, we selected four Black women to be finalists of which we will highlight one for each week in June. We are excited to share our first highlighted finalist, and their life and work, across all of our digital platforms on June 9th, 2020.
so without further adieu…
Congratulations to Dr. Celia McIntosh, Ngozi Udo, and Dr. Gayle Harrison
Come back to our 540Blog on June 9th to read our full interview with Dr. Celia McIntosh.
Follow 540WMain on:
- Instagram (instagram.com/540WestMain)
- Facebook (facebook.com/540WMain)
- Twitter (twitter.com/540WMain)
- Patreon (patreon.com/540WMain)
About Black Women Roc!
Black Women Roc! is an annual digital media campaign that highlights the accomplishments of local Black women who are change agents in the Rochester community. 540WMain features courses and workshops taught by women that are rooted in subjects that are important to women, femme-identifying persons, and other members of the African diaspora.
While the past four years have been filled with wonderful moments of community engagement and enrichment, we assert that much more must be done and we need you on board to support. We want to make Rochester a more equitable community, but we cannot do it alone.
Are you unsure of how to help or where to start when it comes to anti-racism and social justice?
THESE are important first steps.
1) Help us reach 100+ sustaining monthly members for as little as $3 a month (we are only 15 away!) HERE: www.patreon.com/540wmain
2) Donate to our fundraiser HERE: facebook.com/donate
3) Follow along on Facebook and Instagram for highlights of the past 4 years, anti-racism resources, blog posts, and giveaways from local vendors.