04:00 pm - 06:00 pmClick to Register: Click to Register
This virtual workshop gives a historical scope of Juneteenth, its’ present-day relevance, and importance to United States history as well as the Black American community.
what you’ll learn:
- define Juneteenth and understand its significance in United States history
- take steps to understand the implications of white-washing and omitting the history of Black enslavement in the United States
- teach others about the significance of Juneteenth
We have moved to a “gift economy” structure for all class registration tickets, meaning although this content does have a cost to us as an organization, we trust you to select an option that is right for you. This may be based on your ability to pay, want to support our organization, or what you feel is an equitable price.
Registration – $30
Registration + Fund Someone Else’s Class – $60
Full Scholarship – $0
This class is appropriate for ages 18+
This class will take place online through Zoom. Class access links will be received after online registration. If you do not receive your link, please check your spam or email email@example.com.
what to expect:
- highly interactive virtual format
- whole group discussions guided by intentional prompts
- break out sessions
- classroom style Q&A
- we recommended to use your video during class
- come to class prepared to participate, engage, and discuss
- ASL interpreting and captioning is provided for all classes