540WMain is pleased to present our first ever virtual roundtable: Pandemic Teaching At Home, Vol. I
About this event
The proliferation of “pandemic” pods and home teaching support groups across the country has sparked robust discussion and debate among parents, families and caretakers in the wake of school reopening amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Among these are conversations around equity, privilege, accessibility, the digital divide and school funding. This event is a virtual roundtable convening parents, caretakers, educators and everyone in between for a honest and candid discussion around these challenges and concerns. Participants will be encouraged to be open and honest and share ideas for individual and collective paths forward. Participants will be guided to explore how we all can continue to advocate for systemic level change while building relationships and support in making the best individual decisions for their families.
The discussion will be facilitated by Calvin Eaton a community educator and Director and Founder of 540WMain, Inc. and is part of a new educational series of classes dedicated to re-imagining a COVID-10 world.
When: Thursday August 6, 2020 | 6-8 PM EST | Location: Zoom.us
What you can expect in this discussion
- Those that wish to share will be asked to voluntarily “raise their hand” to have the floor.
- Each person will initially have 2 minutes to share and then allow for a response or reply.
- All are asked to allow 3 more people to share before you share again.
- Be OK with experiencing discomfort.
- We are where we are, this is not a competition.
- Expect and accept non-closure, we will not find all the answers.
How to prepare:
- Make sure to take the pre-event survey (whether you attend or not)
- Bring your truth and perspective
- Be brave