We are excited to have partnered with Paceline Cycling for our Intro To Cycling class, this Wednesday May 31st from 7-8PM. Below is an interview we conducted with the owners of Paceline Cycling, who will also be the instructors in our cycling class! We hope to see you there.
For more information about Paceline Cycling, visit: https://www.pacelinecycle.com/
Register for Intro To Cycling Class: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/intro-to-cycling-tickets-34095262849
Name/Business Name: Erik Baker and Kathryn Corson, Paceline Cycling
Location: Mobile! We move to various locations around Rochester
- When did you begin business and/or teaching? We started Paceline Cycling in January 2017, and haven’t looked back since!
- Where did you get the inspiration for your business brand? We always knew that we wanted to do something different than work 40 hours a week for someone else, and have always led active life styles. We were presented with the opportunity to buy these Spinning bikes at a great deal. One night the idea came to Erik to start a mobile indoor cycling company and Paceline Cycling was born!
- What makes you want to teach/do your business? We are both lovers of biking and indoor cycling. We love that we get to meet people in different spots on their fitness journey and help motivate them to either, keep going and get stronger or help them to get started and give them to tools they need to be successful. All in our Rochester community!
- For you how does indoor cycling relate to wellness? There are so many ways that indoor cycling relates to wellness! It is a great low impact exercise which makes it great for people who have joint problems or are rehabilitating from an injury or surgery.
- How do you stay healthy? We are huge lovers of meal planning!! We find that during a busy work week this helps us to stay on track with our nutrition. We also try to diversify our workouts by incorporating weight lifting and running.
- What do you feel is the most challenging aspect of your career? Well, moving 15 bikes isn’t always easy! It is sometimes hard to have to move out our bikes before a business opens, when we really just want to hang out with our participants!
- When you aren’t teaching classes what do you like to do? We love being outdoors! Lots of times you can find us just hanging out grilling on the back deck. We also love to go camping and hiking in the warm months.
- What is it that inspires you to keep going as entrepreneur? We love the thought of working for ourselves. Being able to call our own shots and decided how we spend our time is so inspiriting to us.
- What are you working on now? Festivals!! Look for Paceline Cycling at big festivals like Park Ave Festival, Spokes and Ink and the Night Criterion! We love to get our bikes outside as much as possible!
- What’s has been your best experience thus far in your bsuiness? Meeting other Rochester small business owners. That has honestly been such an amazing experience. Connecting with people who have been in our shoes and want to help us succeed.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a company? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how? Consistency at times is a challenge for us. We are both still working 40 hours a week, keeping up on daily life, and planning for a wedding in July!! It can be hard to stay as plugged in as we would like to be at times. We have found that we are both naturally drawn to different aspects of the business. I am more of the technical side and Erik is an awesome planner. We work hard to work as a team to stay on top of the little things that we both can forget about. We have developed a great working relationship.
- What advice do you have for others interested in pursuing their own business? Just. Keep. Going. If it’s something that you are truly passionate about, keep going and don’t let anyone stop you (including yourself!).
- Is there anything else you’d like the readers to know? We love connecting with our community!! If you have a place you would like to see Paceline Cycling pop up, let us know!! #havebikeswilltravel